WILLIAM B. LEWIS
William Lewis, a partner in the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group, manages the firm’s West Palm Beach office. He concentrates his practice on business and securities litigation and has successfully represented clients in a wide array of complex disputes.
Lewis is experienced at handling business disputes on a contingency-fee basis and has a track record of significant verdicts and settlements. He is driven by the philosophy that justice requires cases to be decided on the merits, not by the size of a corporation or insurance company’s legal budget. He regularly litigates in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums, throughout Florida.
Lewis has been honored by Florida Trend Magazine as Florida’s “Legal Elite” – an award given by lawyers to less than 1.5% of fellow Florida Bar members. He has consistently been named a Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” which recognizes the top 2.5% of the state’s lawyers under the age of 40. And on multiple occasions, he has been recognized by his peers as one of Palm Beach Illustrated’s “Top Lawyers.”
Lewis was appointed to a three-year term on the Florida Bar’s Committee on Professionalism, he is currently the chair of the Palm Beach County Bar’s Circuit Court Civil Committee, and was previously the chair of the Business Litigation Committee. He was also elected to the Executive Committee of the University of Florida Law Alumni Council.
Prior to joining the Business Trial Group, Lewis prosecuted large-scale claims for a well-known securities and antitrust firm. He also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the State Attorney’s Office, where he first-chaired multiple jury trials. Before becoming an attorney, William received an MBA in finance and securities analysis and worked at a hedge fund.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- University of Florida, Frederic G. Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business, MBA
- Colgate University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar
- New York Bar
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Forum Club of the Palm Beaches